Friday, April 13, 2007

Why am I here?

I have not been writing for quite a while now. Nonetheless, the passion is burning still in my blood veins.
I have always wanted to write. I have always wanted to publish a book. A book with my name on it. A book with special dedications and acknowledgement for people in my life. Ever since I was 11. Almost 30 years later, I am still without one.
Well, since the Nanorimo thingy in 2005 (1-30 November 2005), I have not done anything big. I did blurt out about 11,000 words for that word diarrhea challenge but then, that's about it. Maybe once or twice, I went thru the project in my laptop and ended up playing Championship Manager instead.
An innocent Sunday evening visit to AWC for MB107 graduation turned out to be an amazing wake-up call from G. There, surprisingly I met a guy from my MB97 small group that I staffed. I was almost fainted when I saw the word "Bounce", which is the working title of my book project on his LP T-Shirt. That was freaky! And, the message was very loud! A freaking big slap on my sorry face. It was almost a revelation from High Above.
I went to AWC again 2 days after to do ALI and I met Juara, one of the Seniors in my LP. The first question he asked, "How's your book coming along?" "Not too well, I guess but I am back on now" was my comment and I told Juara about the LP103 T-shirt. He laughed and asked me, "Do you know what all the big-time and famous writers have in common?" To that I said," Well, their creativity maybe?" He quipped,"No, not the big ideas, not the creativity...they all write every day. They make it their habits."
And, here I am...

Chazz