Friday, April 13, 2007

A letter to my wife

(From Personal Archives)
To my beloved wife,
I may have said it and I may have expressed it somehow, but until this very moment, I feel that I have done nothing. Even if there is, I know it is too small to match the love, happiness and greatness of life you have been giving me.
This letter is a celebration of my love and appreciation for you. And, I want you to know how grateful I am to share my life with you and to be blessed with your love.
My love,
From the day you came to my life and every moment after, when I am with you, you touch my heart and enrich my life with the softness and tenderness of a great woman.
You give me life and you give me every reason there is in the world to continue living and to continue stepping forward.
You walk with me all the way through, even if the path I choose may not be beds of roses. But, knowing that you are always there by my side, gives me strength and courage because I know I am not alone.
I know there is a torch with me to guide me through in my darkest nights. I saw it in you, my love. You are the torch that brightens my nights.
I was half a man that I really am before you came and completed me. I was not a believer when they told me that love is so many splendor things but seeing the way you filled my empty heart with your love brought me back the hope that I once lost and the trust that was once betrayed.
My love,
I have seen everything that is to see through your eyes in 12 years we are together. I learn and I grow in every moment you glow. What I see in you is a sheer beauty wrapped around a pure, loving, giving and caring heart, truly a bouquet of gifts and blessings from God. And just by looking at you, I know I am blessed. I know I am loved.
I see beneath the softness of your skins lies strength, beneath the tenderness of your kisses lies courage and beneath the gentleness of your touches lies the energy of confidence. Your smiles are blessings, your grins are sense of accomplishment and your tears are honesty. That’s you, my love. That’s how I see you.
You are everything I ever wanted. You are everything in one: a lover, a soul mate, a friend and more. I don’t even have to look further because you are here with me, now and forever. I feel at home when I am with you or even when I am away because I know your love is always there, for me.
I may have not said it, because words will never be enough to describe my feelings, my admiration and my love for you, but I want you to know that every time my heart beats is how much I am grateful, every kiss is how much I acknowledge you and every hug is how much I appreciate you.
My love,
I didn’t know how to love until the day you opened your heart and took the whole of me in. You gave me back the gift of love and for that, I am grateful.
I didn’t know that to love and be loved are the easiest things in the world until the day you came to my life. You taught me that love is beautiful and for that, I am grateful.
I didn’t know how to trust until the day I held your hands and I felt the whole world was on my side, and for that, I am grateful.
I didn’t even know the meaning of sacrifice until the day you sacrificed yourself to give me the greatest gifts of all, the two wonderful children that will continue our legacy and love, and for that, I am grateful.
I acknowledge all the love and trust you gave and all sacrifices you made through all these years and I’ll cherish them for the rest of my life. And most of all, I want you to know that I love you and I will always love you, and if I had a chance to do it all over again, I won’t change a thing. You are truly, the greatest thing that ever happen to me.

Luv,
Chazz

No comments: